Saturday, October 17, 2009
Pink Saturday & Awards
Photograph by Kim Cornelison
This is the cover of Country Home, another magazine no longer in print. Frequently I’ll clip out decorating ideas from magazines. I love flea market finds, antiques and mixing old and new. While our house here is very traditional with wing chairs, ancestral portraits and old rugs, our little pied- a-terre in Florida has a more funky twist. I would love to find something for it like this cool crackled pink chest or the sassy painting of the girl. The fun is in the hunt, as they say.
Debbie of Dining with Debbie is a great gal that I met through blogging. She’s from Arkansas, my home state. She hosts Crockpot Wednesdays if you would like to join and she is also participates in the Pink Saturday fun, hosted by Beverly of How Sweet The Sound. She passed the Honest Scrap Award to me and I’m honored and pleased. Thank you very much Debbie. Because it’s Pink Saturday, I used the powers of Photo Shop to change the color of the Honest Scrap Award to pink. It’s really supposed to be orange.
Here are the rules as they were presented to me from Debbie:
- Post the (orange) Honest Scrap award on your blog. Present this award to seven others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
- Tell those seven people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines and ask that they link back to you.
- Share "Ten Honest Things" about yourself.
- This is the most important part. Use the “Orange” Honest Scrap Award, which is below. Please do “not” use the pink one. I changed the color from orange to pink just for Pink Saturday.
Original Honest Scrap Award
Here are a few things about me.
- I wake up in the mornings in a good mood, with almost no exceptions.
- I believe you’re as happy as you make your mind up to be.
- My given name is Suzanne, which I no longer use. I go by Sam, a nickname my husband gave me when we first met.
- If you believe that it’s possible to come back in another life, I would like to be either a singer or a wealthy person’s spoiled and pampered golden retriever.
- If I had to do it all over again, I would change only one thing: We would live in France for a while and remodel an old mas (farmhouse) in Provence.
- I think good manners are extremely important and are a part of learning to be a lady or a gentleman.
- I don’t like to drive. When we lived in the islands, we had no need for a car. We had a go fast, run-about boat (to take us to town) and a golf cart to get around on our tiny cay (a cay is smaller than an island), rather than walk in the heat to visit our neighbors. The cart was driven on a narrow, old coral road with not much traffic other than a few people walking along from house to house and a couple of other carts. Also, in the Bahamas they drive on the left, which took me almost the entire ten years we lived there to get accustomed to. When we returned to the states, Interstate 95 frightened me. It looked like the Daytona 500 with cars racing by on each side.
- By now, you've figured out I’m a blonde and for some reason I've had more than my share of "blonde moments" this week.
Here are some friends I’ve met recently. Tag, you’re it for the Honest Scrap Award.
Claudia ~ Journey of an Italian Cook
Kate ~ Serendipity
Maggie B ~ Normandy Life
Diana ~ A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa
Pat ~ Mille Fiori Favoriti
Roz at La Bella Vita recently had an interesting post regarding commenting on blogs. I was one of the people who responded and she passed a wonderful award to me, amont others– the Nice Matters award.
Thank you so much Roz. I agree that nice most definitely mattera. Roz says there aren't any rules with this award, you don’t have to post it if you don’t want to, nor do you have to link back to anyone. I’ve been saving the Nice Matters award for the perfect time to say thank you to the right person. This week several people have gone out of their way to be nice to me, so I would like to say a big thank you to these three special friends and pass the Nice Matters award along to them.
Greg ~ Sippity Sup
Judy ~ Judy’s Kitchen
Beverly ~ How Sweet the Sound
Thank you Beverly of How Sweet the Sound for hosting this fun event. Happy Pink Saturday everyone.